13. Daily Summary of experiences in the cooperating school

Date
Activities/ Experience
Strategies/ Methods/ Techniques Observed
Learning Insights
September 5-8
This week, my cooperating teacher says that I observed the way she teach, her methods and strategies.
September 12-15
This week, she give me time to do my first lesson plan that I’m going to use for the next week. Also by doing my instructional materials that I’m going to use.
September 19-20
Discussion (Anyo ng Globalisasyon)

Group Activity
Student centered

Collaborative work
My students are active in my discussion, although it is my first time to teach in front of them. I’m happy because students are easily caught up with the topic.
September 21-22
Discussion (Pagharap sa Hamon ng Globalisasyon)

Group activity
Direct question and response

Student centered
When I ask a questions for my students many of them are participating. In that way I enjoy teaching to them.
September 26
Discussion (Isyu sa paggawa)

Quiz
Oral skills
When I checked their quiz. I’m happy because only a few student cannot catch up so I explain the right answer to them so in that way they understand the topic.
September 27
Individual activity
(Larawang guhit)

Discussion
Student centered

Individualistic approach
I see that not all of us has a good talent in drawing but students pursue the activity because it will help to them.
September 28
Individual Activity for the remaining section
Creativity skills
When students doing the larawang guhit I can see if they learned or not based on what they did.
September 29
Individual Activity

Summative test
Individualistic approach
Summative assessment
I can see that when the student take the summative test they can focus because they can easily catch up even in discussion.
October 3
MTAP
October 4
Teacher’s Day
October 5-6
National Achievement Test
October 11
Discussion (Kalagayan ng mga manggagawa sa iba’t-ibang secktor)
Student participation

Student centered discussion
Students clarify some of the topic does not clear to them. So I repeat it and explain to them.
October 12-13
Intrams
October 18-20
Career Orientation of Grade 10
October 24-25
Discussion (Ang globalisasyon at ang Isyu ng paggawa)
Oral skills

Direct question and response
When I was discussing in front when I ask a situational question to them even if the topic doesn’t tackle they have a background.
November 7-8
Recording of quizzes, activity and pre-test
November 9
Discussion and Quiz (Konsepto ng kasarian)
Direct question and response

Oral skills
Students can catch up easily, although some of them they can’t understand but I always remind to them that if they don’t understand the lesson raise their hand and say that repeat it.
November 10
Discussion  and quiz
Individualistic approach
I gave them an essay type so they answer it on their own understanding. When I checked the quiz many of them get the best thought.
November 16
Discussion and quiz
Student centered discussion
When I discussed it. The topic is interesting so the students are active.
November 17
Distribution of cards
November 21
Discussion (Gender roles sa Pilipinas)
Lecture method
When the time that I discussed that topic. I have some questions about the role of women in the time of Spanish. They have a background about that. 
November 22
Discussion and Individual activity (Slogan making)
Lecture method

Individualistic approach
The student enjoy doing the slogan I can see that they can apply the knowledge that they got in discussion.
November 23
Reporting and quiz
Collaborative approach
Based on the students output I can the distribution of their works.
November 24
Group activity
(Kasaysayan ng LGBT)
Brainstorming
Some of the student cannot do the activity, but they are always asking the right thing to do, to accomplish their works.
November 28
Individual activity
Creativity skills
A teacher must know the activity that fit for all student. Based on my observation not all student have the same skills.
November 29
Discussion
(Karahasan)
Lecture method

Direct question and response
Even the topic is sensitive. I’m happy because some of my students are open minded.
November 30
Bonifacio D
December 1
Discussion
Oral skills

Student centered discussion
Students are active even the topic is sensitive they know their limit in every words they say when they are participating.
December 5
Individual activity
Individualistic approach
When the students are doing their activity they have a background on what is the situation now of every LGBT
December 6
Group activity
Brainstorming

Collaboration of the group
Students do the topic that assigned to their group. I can see they think the best for their group.
December 7
Group activity (Karahasan/ Diskriminasyon sa kababaihan)
Collaborative skills

Brainstorming
Student enjoy doing the activity because I can see they will make effort for this.
December 08
FINAL DEMONSTRATION TEACHING
December 12-13
Individual activity
(Malalah Yousafsai)
Individualistic approach
When I checked their activity I can see how they value the education
December 14-15
Discussion
(Prinsipyo ng Yogyakarta)
Oral skills

Direct question and response
Students are active because in this topic they know what is their rights as human.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7. Examples of lesson plans used (Semi-detailed)

4. Prayer of a student teacher / Credo

6. A brief description of the site of practice teaching